Wil's Baptism - On Nov. 3rd Wil was baptized. It was a great day!! We had Aimee Linde bring over her photo booth and Wil, cousins and friends had a great time taking pictures. Grandma Ruthie, Aunt Linda, Grace and Megan stayed the weekend with us. Grandma & Grandpa Packer, Grandma & Grandpa Ingram, Josh, Kerry, Gus, Louise, and the Griggs came over for the photo party. The kids had fun taking pictures together and they even got out the frog and lizard. Here are some photos:
After the photo shoot we got ready and went to the stake center for Wil's baptism. Wil is an awesome young man and was ready to get baptized. When the Primary President asked Wil what his favorite thing about getting baptized was he said "That all my sins will be washed away. I have a lot of them. I used to chase my brother and sisters around with knives." Funny boy. He was so excited to be baptized and I was very proud of him. He took being baptized very seriously. We had a ton of friends come to the baptism which was very touching. The Thackers, Griggs, Madsons and Nielsens came and shared Wil's baptism with us. All Grandparents came, Aunt Linda, Grace, Megan, Aunt Debra, Kyleigh and Kelsey. It was a BIG crowd for Wil. Bishop Decker attended and had Wil look at all the family and friends that attended and showed him so much support.
Paul baptized Wil and it was so awesome to watch him come out of the water. Mike Madson and Grandpa Packer were the witnesses. Grandpa Jack confirmed him and it was very moving. I wish I had written this that day so I could remember more of what was said but he talked about how special Wil was and that there were many people on the other side of the veil that were excited for him and where there with him. He is such an amazing child. He loves the gospel and has always had a strong testimony. There isn't a Fast and Testimony meeting that he doesn't get up and speak. I am so proud of him. The other day the missionaries were over and they were teaching the kids about repentance and Wil impressed them very much. He ended up explaining to them if they every feel lost they can just look to the temple and find their way. That the temple will guide them. They chuckled and told him that he could teach them. He was concerned that maybe he had talked to much but I assured him they were impressed with him and not thinking that he had talked to much.
Las week in Sunday School we were talking about Mormon and that he was told at the age of 10 that he would be visit by the Lord someday and would need to keep a record for his people. The teacher asked what we would think about our child being told that. At first I giggled and thought that 10 years old and sober didn't always go hand and hand but then I thought of Wil and how sober he is when he is talking about the gospel and learning and I felt that I hadn't done justice to him or my children. They have such strong spirits and I am so proud of them. I have always thought that Wil was a very valiant spirit and I can't believe I am his mom. I am so proud of you, Wil!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment