Saturday, September 27, 2014

9-27-14

Paul called me yesterday when I went out for a run.  I was about a mile away from the house.  He asked if I was out for a run and I told him yes, he then told me his chest was hurting really bad.  I told him I would head home.  I was a mile away and started getting worried on the run back.  Ginger had asked if I wanted her to turn around with me but I assured her it was fine.  When I got to the house I grabbed my keys and told him he needed to get in the car, that I was taking him to the trauma care facility in Meridian, thinking that was cheaper than the hospital.  He couldn't make it to the car, he was grabbing his chest and then he started crying, which he does not cry often.  I realized I couldn't get him to the car so I called 911.  The ambulance arrived and they had concerns of a heart attack.  The drove him to the hospital with a Code3. Which meant lights, sirens, sides of the road, through all lights, and basically using any part of the road to get to the hospital.  I could not keep up in my car.  In the ER they did another EKG and x-rayed his heart.  They couldn't find anything to confirm a heart attack.  They gave him some morphine and he felt a little better, then they took him in for a CT Scan and he had to hold his breath and his arms were laid above his head.  Both of these things hurt him really bad.  It hurt really bad to breathe and his arms were really weak.  When he got back to the ER they gave him a Nitro Glycerin pill and were going to give him a total of 4 but it made his blood pressure drop enough to almost make him pass out.  He was completely white and couldn't squeeze my hand.  That was freaky.  Then the nurse had to get his blood pressure up to give him some more morphine because he was in a lot of pain.  The morphine didn't help this time and he started shaking really bad and groaning from the pain.  Next they took him to have a Pulmonary Artery Catheterization done.  That was scary.  The cardiologist started coming in because the doctor didn't know what else to do.  The cardiologist wanted to rule out any clogged arteries so they went in through a vein in his arm to look at his heart.  Everything looked good and they tried a different pain medicine after that which made him feel better.  They decided he had Pleurisy which is the inflammation of the outside of the lungs or Pericarditis which is inflammation of the sac that surrounds the heart.  Today they have decided on Pericarditis.  He is on Motrin and Colchicine, the Colchicine they want him on for 6 months to help prevent another occurrence.  He is going home today.  They also did an echogram today and it came back clear.  He is sleeping really well now with the pain pills and anti inflammatories.  Madison has a race as 12:55 at Eagle Island and I was hoping to make it.  Wil is playing football at noon, Linda drove up yesterday from Rexburg and is taking Wil.  Our friends and family have been so supportive.  Ginger watched the kids all day yesterday, picked up Ava from kindergarten, Merry (our neighbor) made us dinner (Greta got to help her), Paul had lots of visitors, Matt and Josh came to sit with me when he was having the procedure done and was in ICU, today Ava is playing with Sydney, Greta is with Matt and Vikki, Jaxon is hanging out with At. Linda, Wil might go play with Lucus after his game.  Vince Trimboli is bringing us dinner tomorrow.  So wonderful.  I have had multiple texts from tons of friends.  Paul didn't want me to put anything on facebook so I only told our closest friends but then more friends have found out too.  Crista is buying Madison a shirt from her meet cause I am not sure if I will make it in time and she only took $5.  We feel so loved.  Dad and Linda were in MO and everyone there has been praying for Paul too.  Our prayers were answered and he is recovering. 

No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...