Today during sacrament we had a man dressed in shorts & a sweatshirt bring his kids up at bear their testimonies. We didn't know if he was an investigator or a member. The min he started helping his son bear his testimony it was obvious he was a member. His daughter knew how to bear her testimony. He then spoke saying he didn't know why he was there today but he was humbled. He spoke of how they were homeless and camping at the moment. He spoke of how important family is. It was a very touching day. By the end of the day the ward members and visiting members had arranged for his family to come for dinner, a place to stay at a KOA where they had a trailer & owned the campsite & Bro. Linde gave him a job to install sprinklers. We wanted to have them over for dinner but someone beat us to it. When we came home & were eating multiple items Greta mentioned that it was crazy that we had so much to eat when that family didn't. I am so glad that they were prompted to attend our ward today. I hope that our ward can help them get on their own feet.
I have been thinking of everything that has been going on lately & how I want to do better about writing it down. I remember specifically thinking something was a miracle the other day & I'm sad I didn't write it down. It is going to be an exciting & long week but I want to record as much as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment