Wednesday, December 7, 2016

12-7-16

What I have been pondering lately...

Go to the Rescue

To the Rescue: We Can Do It
By Elder Mervyn B. Arnold
Of the Seventy

Principle 1: We Must Not Delay Going to the Rescue

Principle 2: We Must Never Give Up

Principle 3: How Great Shall Be Your Joy If You Bring Save It Be One Soul unto Christ

Principle 4: No Matter Our Age, We Are All Called to Go to the Rescue

The Lord has provided all of the tools necessary for us to go to the rescue of our less-active and nonmember friends. We can all do it!

I invite each of you to heed the Savior’s call to go to the rescue. We can do it!

Through God’s Eyes
By Elder Dale G. Renlund
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

To effectively serve others, we must see them through a parent’s eyes, through Heavenly Father’s eyes.

We need to have eyes that see, ears that hear, and hearts that know and feel if we are to accomplish the rescue so frequently encouraged by President Thomas S. Monson.

Only when we see through Heavenly Father’s eyes can we be filled with “the pure love of Christ.” Every day we should plead with God for this love. Mormon admonished, “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ.”

Eyes to See and Ears to Hear
By Elder Kim B. Clark
Of the Seventy

When my mother opened the letter and saw where they were called, she exclaimed to my father, “No! You’ve got to call them and tell them we can’t go to the Philippines. They know you have asthma.” My father had suffered with asthma for many years, and my mother was very worried about him.

A few nights later my mother woke up my dad at about 2:30 a.m. She said, “Merlin, did you hear that voice?”

“No, I didn’t hear any voice.”

“Well, I have heard the same voice three times tonight, saying, ‘Why are you worried? Don’t you know that I know he has asthma? I will take care of him, and I will take care of you. Get yourself ready to serve in the Philippines.’”

You Are Not Alone in the Work
By President Henry B. Eyring
First Counselor in the First Presidency

40 names presented of men who were to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood.

“Those men were all less-active prospective elders.” In amazement, I asked the president what his program was to rescue these men.

He pointed to a young man in the back of the chapel. He said, “There he is. Most of these men have been brought back because of that elders quorum president.” He was on the back row, dressed casually, his legs stretched out with his battered boots crossed in front of him.

I asked the stake president to introduce me to him after the meeting. When we met, I told the young man I was surprised by what he had done and asked him how he did it. He shrugged his shoulders. He obviously didn’t think he deserved any credit.

Then he said softly, “I know every inactive guy in this town. Most of them have pickup trucks. I have a truck too. I wash my pickup where they wash theirs. In time, they become my friends.

“Then I wait until something goes wrong in their lives. It always does. They tell me about it. I listen and I don’t find fault. Then, when they say, ‘There is something wrong in my life. There just has to be something better than this,’ I tell them what is missing and where they can find it. Sometimes they believe me, and when they do, I take them with me.”


No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...