Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Ava's baptism
Ava was baptized on Sat. Aug. 5th. She was excited all summer. She was baptized on her birthday. We had lots of family and friends that came. Ava asked me after she was baptized if I thought my mom was there and I asked her if she thought she was. She had tears in her eyes and told me she did think she was there and I told her I thought she was too. I spoke on the Holy Ghost, her daddy baptized her and Grandpa confirmed her. It was a very special and spiritual day. Grandma and Grandpa Ingram gave her a triple combination scriptures and Ava LOVES them. She carried them everywhere that day. I took them out of her bag to go to Kuna Days that night so nothing would happen to them. When she got back in the car she was sitting by Sven and he told her he thought her baptism was cool, that he liked the glass so that everyone could watch. Ava told Sven that it felt different in the water, that she felt different since she was baptized. Last night, Tues., she told me she still feels different. She also said she feels like the Holy Ghost is always with her and was wondering how he can help so many people. Sven also told her he liked her scriptures and she told him she loved them. He asked her who gave them to her and she said her grandpa and he replied with "that's what I thought." The spirit has been stronger in our house since Ava was baptized. One thing that really stuck out in her blessing from Grandpa was that "You will be blessed to always have a testimony of the gospel." On Sunday the 6th Wil bore his testimony in church and spoke about watching Ava grow up, that he doesn't remember Ava not being there but because he is 4-5 years older he can remember everything that Ava does. That her baptism strengthened his testimony and that he was so proud of her. That it meant a lot to him. We did have a fun party after the baptism for her birthday. We ate her favorite Enchiladas, Greta made a beautiful CTR cake and we had lots of presents. It is a day and experience I never want to forget. I will have Madison help Ava write down everything she remembers today so she won't forget it.
Grace and Megan have been staying with us since the baptism and we went to Roaring Springs yesterday, it was a blast. Today we are going school shopping. They love having their cousins here. The girls, Greta, Grace, and Megan all talk about going to school together. The girls, especially Grace wants to move to Boise and live with Greta after graduation. I love it that they are so close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022
June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th. It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...
-
June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th. It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...
-
It has been a very bad few days. My father passed out on Thursday from a very bad headache and after being taken to the emergency room we fo...
-
Wil and Greta were feeling so much better on Thurs. that I decided to celebrate. We were all tired of being couped up in the house so we he...
No comments:
Post a Comment