Monday, November 9, 2020

Letter to Jaxon 11/9/2020

 

Monday November 9th 2020

Hello Jaxon! 

This letter is going to arrive sometime after you do the forge.  Everyone is saying that you guys are going to get your phones for the weekend.  That would be great! I was thinking on Saturday that I didn’t have any updates or anything to tell you.  Wow do I have a lot to tell you now. 


Hunter was in a 4wheeler accident, he was standing on his 4wheeler and pulling limbs to their burn pile.  The 4wheeler hit a rock and Hunter hit the brake and went flying over the handle bars and hit is top jaw on the front rack.  It knocked out two of his teeth, one on the left and one on the right.  He also broke his jaw in two places and knocked pieces off his two front teeth.  He ended up getting his top jaw/teeth wired and a bone graft done to replace a tooth.  He is doing okay but in pain.  He wasn’t even going fast, it was just a freak accident.  He went to a cosmetic dentist today and he will require another bone graft and another surgery.  It will take about 6 months to fix his mouth.  Katie also told me today that one of his front teeth are dying.  I included a picture of him in the ER.




Wil loves the Rogue hat and is wearing it all the time!  I also had bought Ava a small Rogue sweatshirt, black on black so that she would leave your sweatshirt alone.  She wears it constantly, she was wearing yours constantly but she loves her new one because it is just like yours. 


Wil has a concussion
.  He started complaining on Sunday, Friday he was in the accident with Brody in front of Freedom Fitness.  The lady was going 65 in a 35 and rear ended them.  Monday Wil went to school and just after 30 minutes he felt like he was going to throw up so I told him he needed to be seen.  I couldn’t get him in with Jeff until Thursday so I texted Igor (the trainer at the school, who knows Wil well).  He said to bring him in today so he did concussion testing on him and Wil does have a concussion.  He had 16/22 symptoms and his score was a 55.  Those don’t mean much to me but his eyes wouldn’t track on the vertical movement test.  He was nodding his head and trying to move his eyes up and down but Igor suddenly said stop and told us that Wil’s eyes had stopped on the bottom hand and his head made a whole movement up and down before his eyes could catch up.  And Wil’s vision was super blurry after and he had to close his eyes.  Igor stopped the testing there.  It’s a bummer.  So he has to wait until he has 48hr with no symptoms to go back to school, no in person or online until then.  And after he has 48 hours of school without symptoms he can start weight lifting again.  We are watching Psych right now and Blitz just came in and got on the couch on top of Wil’s blanket.  Literally just jumped right up with Wil and we are not sure why and he won’t get down.  We think maybe he knows Wil doesn’t feel good. 

Zachary Gulick’s parents Kelly and Brandon reached out to me this week and we are getting to know each other. Zachary told them you and him were Buddies.  They are really nice.  I’m glad they found me.  😊

Trek - So I have been thinking about you a lot this week and about the Forge coming up.  I have been thinking about how incredibly hard it is going to be but I am not worried about you at all.  I miss you like crazy but one memory keeps sticking out.  Remember when you went on Trek?  I think you were about 14 years old.  You came home and I took you to Jeff Ball and he said you had extreme fatigue.  That you pulled the handcart constantly.  That you pulled Dustin a lot because he wore cowboy boots and girls that couldn’t walk anymore.  That you went and went and went and never stopped.  When you got home you couldn’t figure out why you didn’t feel 100% but you didn’t regret all you did for everyone.  I’m on pins and needles to hear how it went even though I know you will be just fine.  Anyhow anytime I start to worry I just remember what you were capable of at 14 and now you are a man.  😊

I am starting to stress about your birthday cards and birthday money, I really don’t want to do anything to get you smoked.  We thought it would be fun and within the rules.  I really really really hope you enjoyed it and nothing bad happened.  We miss you so much and love you so much!!  I am including a photo of you I saw on your Company Facebook page and that photo for Fevin. 

Airline Tickets – I have included your flight details!  I got the flight on Southwest for free with points and spent $350 on the flight with Delta so I did REAL GOOD.  Did you have any friends that want to come for HBL.  They are welcome if they want to!  Your Delta flight going back is actually the same flight that Bailey Giles is on.  It was the only flight out of Boise that would get you back on base on time so it’s not surprising that you will both be on it.  Can’t wait for HBL!!

I can’t wait to hear from you this coming weekend!  We are going to watch your turning Green ceremony.  We MISS you sooo much and LOVE you sooo much!! 


No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...