Monday, January 11, 2021

1/5/2021 Letter to Jaxon

 

             #35 Tuesday  January 5th 2021

Jaxon – It has been an absolutely crazy Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  We did get Greta all moved in and her room mate seems great.  Her name is Heather and she is a sophomore and works for the school so she is able to help Greta with any questions she has.  Kamry has arrived and that makes Greta feel a lot better too.  Kamry’s brother is giving his mission report on Sunday so Greta is coming home to pick up a medication that got delivered here in Kuna.  Luckily she can just catch a ride with Kamry to Kuna and back to Rexburg.  We signed her up at Bodifi in Rexburg and she likes it.  There was a blonde girl there that looked just like Dani Spiegel.  Kind of funny!  LOL  Greta starts school tomorrow, Wed. 

My friend Rebecca Hirschi passed away on Sunday.  Her family said she put this quote in her scriptures before she passed away.  She wrote this quote in the margins of her well-loved scriptures in the days before she passed: “There is no greater, more thrilling, and more soul-enobling challenge than to try to learn of Christ and walk in His steps... what would Jesus do? Or what would He have me do are the paramount personal questions of this life. Walking in this way is the greatest achievement of life. That man or woman is most truly successful whose life most closely parallels that of the Master” (Ezra Taft Benson).

Truly, Rebecca met that challenge and walked in Jesus Christ’s footsteps. Her life paralleled His life in every way.

I’m really sad that she passed away she was so amazing.  I know she is still amazing and in Heaven but my heart still breaks for her family and I am going to miss her smile so much!  I just hope I can be like her.  I hope I can be a mother, wife and friend like she was.  She was just the best. 

I hope you are doing well, kinds of sounds like Major General Donahue put everyone on limited activity/movement for 2 weeks and we don’t know what that looks like for you.  Stay Strong Jaxon and keep pushing through.  Don’t let everything going on around you discourage you, I know Heavenly Father has big plans for you, pray and listen.  Don’t forget who you are, I know who you are.  Remember you always have others with you, even when you can’t see them.  Take care of yourself, never give up on yourself and take care of your buddies.

 

No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...