Friday, February 15, 2008

Guier's Visiting Feb. 8-9

Feb 8-9 The kids and I had a lot of fun this weekend hanging out with the Guiers. Dean and Paula went to College with my parents and we used to take summer and ski trips together growing up. Gregory and Carrie's family, along with Paula and Dean, were not able to come because of sickness. Crystal and her husband James and Clint and his wife Jenn came and we had fun skiing/snowboarding and hanging out. Sat. night after we went skiing we played outside at the cabin.

Below is a picture of the driveway to the cabin. There has been a ton of snow this year. The kids and I had a lot of fun sledding down the driveway. We had some sleds that you can run and jump on and really get some speed. Uncle Matt, Uncle Josh, and Clint had some other fun with snowboards. I do not snowboard, I took off a lot of years from skiing while I was having kids and while they were so little. I told Matt the other day that after watching them snowboard I am wanting to try it out. Being the nice brother he is he offered to go with me. We will see if I get good enough to make some jumps. =)


Clint, Josh and Matt built a jump that would enable them to jump over the driveway. Josh would drive Matt and Clint to the top of this hill and then they would snowboard down as fast as possible watching for the red sled as their point of target, cross the road and then hit their jump and hope to clear the driveway and land on the other side in the yard. You can barely see Matt at the top of the hill. (This pic was taken the morning after to show their path thru the trees)



Last night - Matt didn't make it this time, he got the jump but landed in the driveway. He did make it the next day after I had left.



Clint plowed through the jump and they had to do some repair work to it.



Clint successfully hit the jump and landed in the yard on the other side of the driveway.




Close up of Clint

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

Those jumps are AWESOME! Almost makes me want to be a fan of outdoor sports. BRR!!! Too cold!

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...