Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cute Little Face 3-6-08

I have been out of commission for a few days this week. Some yucky stomach bug totally outdid me. My limbs felt like huge weights and the only thing that made me feel better was to sleep. I have never had a bug like that. I normally am able to function right through any cold or flu but this time I wanted to sleep til noon on Mon. and Tues. and then I made myself get everything back in order (Wil and Greta can do quite a number on the house when left to their own activities) and all the after school running done. By the time I put the kids to bed at 8:00 though I was beat and in bed again. Paul knew it was bad when I asked him to get the kids to school on Monday, that I didn't think I could. I am the one normally waking everyone up and getting things started. Paul works so late at night that he is usually bushed in the morning and takes a few minutes to get his bearings.

Wil was so sweet. Mon. morning he stayed in bed with me and yelled at anyone that came near me 'I am taking care of mom!" (not so nice for his sister Greta, I had to convince him it was ok for her to watch tv with him) I sometimes softly pinch the side of his check and tell him "What a cute little face." While I was lying there half asleep all of sudden my lips got pinched together and he said "What a cute little face." I started laughing and he thought it was the best thing ever. It sounded so cute and funny from his little 3 year old voice. After several times I had to convince him that it was sweet but enough.

I am feeling much better now, Wed. was a good day. I decided to go ride my bike and do several other things and found that I got very winded when I tried to do to much. I am not a very patient person when it comes to being sick or getting better. The weather is nice here other than the wind and I want to be outside running. Maybe today.

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

WIl is so cute! He is such a sweetie! I really wish I lived closer. Glad you are feeling better.

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...