Monday, January 21, 2019

Bob's Birth Mom


We recently found out that Paul's dads birth mother is one of two sisters.  Trudy Chester or Helen Chester.  Bob always wanted to find out but never could, his adoption papers and birth certificate were sealed.  Both Paul and Linda did a DNA test and found out that they were closely related to Bonnie Clayton (Trudy Chester's daughter).  Bonnie is 50/50 on who Bob's mom is, if it is her mom or her aunt.  But before her mom passed away she told Bonnie that her sister had a child out of wedlock before she was married and that no one knew about it.  These are the emails that Linda has received from Bonnie:

1-4-19
Hello cousin!
I’m so happy to hear from you.  My mother told me that her sister had a baby out of wedlock as a teenager, but her husband and family didn’t know, so I couldn’t ever speak of it.  I’ve had reason to believe that it might actually have been my mother who had the baby.  There is one person alive who might know, and I’m going to ask him.  This has bothered me off and on for years, so I’m so happy for Ancestry.  I found another cousin on my father’s side, and we are now very close, and I’m happy to have her in my life.
It’s 3 a.m. now and I’m only up because I have a broken arm that’s hurting like hell, but I’ve got to get back to sleep.  
I’m on FB as Bonnie Campbell Clayton.  
I’ll be in touch soon.
Hugs,
Bonnie

1-4-19
So there was never any mention of a first name or age of the mother?

I’ve written my cousin and asked him if he knows if either of our mothers had a child out of wedlock.  I’m 50/50 on whether it was my Mom (Trudy) or my aunt (Helen).

I was an only child, born in 1950.  If it was my mom, Trudy,  your Dad would have been my big brother, something I always dreamed of.

Helen had 4 boys,  but only the oldest is still alive, at 78.

Trudy and Helen did not look anything alike.  My Mom had dark, thin, curly hair and brown eyes.  Helen had thick wavy lighter hair, and light, I THINK, blue eyes.  But I have thick, wavy hair, more like my aunt.  Their mother had red, curly hair.  I’m sure you have some German and Russian DNA—that’s their mother, Amelia.
As far as we can tell, her family was German, living in Russia???  But she was born in western Canada.

Trudy and Helen were both very musical.  My mom played piano and sang at every party they ever attended.  Helen played the organ.

I would be surprised to hear that Helen went on to marry Robert’s biological father, because I didn’t think they met until my aunt moved to Toronto.  BUT the man she did marry was not very tall.  It’s kind of like reading horoscopes—you can make anything fit your scenario.
Well, I’m either your aunt, or your 1st cousin, once removed.

I’ll wait to hear from my cousin.  I’m not sure how he’ll deal with this.

I’m so glad you found me.
😘


1-4-19
Ladies,
Well my cousin, who I hoped could confirm who Robert’s mother was, has nothing to offer.  I can’t believe they don’t have the mother’s name on the birth certificate.  I hope you are able to get it released.  
Bonnie

No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...