My mind had felt so cluttered and full lately. I am hoping that if I write down a portion of what I have stored up in my mind I will feel lighter. So many things to write down and never enough time. A few Sundays ago we spoke about Personal Revelation in Relief Society. It reminded me of two General Conference talks from October Conference 2018. This was the Conference before Greta's last surgery and we were praying for her constantly, trying to decide what to do and asking for healing. Two talks really stuck out to us.
Taking upon Ourselves the Name of Jesus Christ By Elder Robert C. Gay: At that meeting, however, I thought about the many good people I know who struggle with great burdens and commandments that are daunting at best for them. I asked myself, “What else might the Savior say to them?”23 I believe He would ask, “Do you trust me?”24 To the woman with the issue of blood, He said, “Thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.”25
Wilt Thou Be Made Whole? By Elder Matthew L. Carpenter: In another instance, a woman with an issue of blood 12 years, who “had spent all [of] her living upon physicians, … came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood [ceased]. …
“And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
“And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she … declared unto him before all the people … how she was healed immediately.”5
Through His ministry, Christ taught that He had power over the physical body. We cannot control the timing of when Christ’s healing of our physical ailments will occur. Healing occurs according to His will and wisdom. In the scriptures, some suffered for decades; others, their entire mortal lives. Mortal infirmities can refine us and deepen our reliance upon God. But when we allow Christ to be involved, He will always strengthen us spiritually so we can have greater capacity to endure our burdens.
It was after this conference that my dad called and wanted to come give Greta a blessing. This blessing had answers that she needed and confirmed that Greta would be healed but in the Lord's time. It also confirmed Heavenly Father's love for her and that others on the other side loved her very much. Paul (her father), and Jack (her grandfather) were not the only ones in the room giving her that blessing. And Greta knew that her Grandma Caroline was also in the room.
I can't wait for this coming Conference, I have been pondering this conference from a year ago and also conference this weekend. I have been wanting to get the kids special notebook to write in but I haven't found them yet. I need to do that soon.
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022
June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th. It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...
-
June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th. It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...
-
It has been a very bad few days. My father passed out on Thursday from a very bad headache and after being taken to the emergency room we fo...
-
Wil and Greta were feeling so much better on Thurs. that I decided to celebrate. We were all tired of being couped up in the house so we he...
No comments:
Post a Comment