For Father's Day we went to Indian Creek and had a nice picnic with Matt, Vikki, Reece, Alex, Dad, and Linda. It was a beautiful day and a lot of fun. We played baseball for a little while and just enjoyed such a nice day. We took some photos while we were there. (Big surprise - I think I take photos everywhere)
It was fun to watch Grandpa pitch to the kids. When Josh, Matt and I were kids we played baseball with him all the time. (sometimes mom too) Baseball was Dad's favorite sport so he taught us all to catch pop flies and tried to make pitchers and hitters out of us. I remember trying so hard to catch the highest pop fly Dad could throw in the air when I was little, we were promised money as an incentive. He also hung an old tire on our old red barn for us to practice pitching. He coached several of Matt and Josh's little league teams. I loved playing softball, it was my favorite sport when I graduated. For a long time I was stuck in left field, I had this unfortunate ability to catch every pop fly. (wonder how that happened) Off and on through city league and school I would score and be the relief catcher and I always loved that. My senior year I caught the whole season and loved it. That catching pop flies came in handy on foul balls. The only thing that ever stunk was one of my team mates decided to charge me at home plate and sent me flying one practice. I made sure that never happened again, it didn't feel good at all. It was really my one and only claim to fame. My mom saved any newspaper articles of me catching that year. With my great coaching from an early age I was always able to hit off almost every pitcher (one pitcher did give me some problems...but I won't talk about how she gave me a change up the last time she pitched to me...and I swung my third strike and watched the ball go across the plate seconds later..she was good and fast) and that I totally loved catching foul balls in mid air and throwing people out at 2nd. Thanks for being so supportive and teaching me so much Dad!! Now that I am thinking that I definitely talked to much about myself....here are those pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022
June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th. It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...
-
June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th. It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...
-
It has been a very bad few days. My father passed out on Thursday from a very bad headache and after being taken to the emergency room we fo...
-
Wil and Greta were feeling so much better on Thurs. that I decided to celebrate. We were all tired of being couped up in the house so we he...










2 comments:
Lucky you! I couldn't catch or throw or any of that baseball stuff. Your talents are impressive!
Those photos in the tree are cool.
I love all of these pictures. My brother looks a little cranky. He must miss me or somethng.
Post a Comment