A few things that I don't want to forget and a few I do. =)
Madison - On Valentine's Day Madison performed in her first Clogging Competition. Her duet that she performed in received a 1st place rating and one of her group dances also did. Both dances qualify for Nationals that will be held at Lagoon in Utah in May. She is SOOO excited!! She has one more group dance that her coach wants to get qualified for nationals and the girls are working hard to perfect it for the competition held in Pocatello in March. We are so proud of her. Besides clogging she is keeping busy with school and soccer will start again soon. This weekend she gets to go with her school skiing.
Jaxon - I think it was November or December that Jaxon was star student for a week and took one of his pets almost every day. The class and his teacher enjoyed his frogs and salamander. He was very excited to take in his corn snake also. I told him he had to ok it with his teacher and he promised me that he did so that morning before school we found something appropriate for him to take his snake in that the kids could look through but that Jaxon wouldn't need to open. Later in the day we get a call that we need to come get Jaxon's snake from school. Come to find out the school doesn't want any pets from home coming to class. (Jaxon's teacher didn't know this but didn't want the snake in the classroom and found out when the office told her after she had the snake sent to the office) We found out from Jaxon (and from someone that had talked to his teacher that day) when he got home that he had not asked his teacher like he was supposed to and had kept the snake hidden in his shirt (it was a small container- small snake) until the teacher asked him if he had anything to share that day. He smiled widely and said yes I do and walked up to the front of the classroom and pulled the snake out from under his shirt. The school thought it was entertaining and Jaxon didn't get in trouble but I told him I would have to ok things from now on.
Jaxon has been reading a lot lately. He just finished a book called "Dragon Rider" It was his very first large novel. I just bought him a new one he really wanted on Mon. and his half way through it. I am going to have to find the second in the series very soon. He loves to read which I think is awesome. He is alot like me with a book, wants to read til he falls to sleep and any slow time during the day.
Greta - This coming week soccer starts and Greta is excited to be involved in something other than school again. She is doing great in school and because of the charter school's curriculum is doing Math at Jaxon's level and really working on her reading. (Jaxon's isn't in the charter school yet) She really wants to read big books like Jaxon and Madison and tries all the time to read like they do. She is in 1st and it won't be long with her drive but she just isn't ready yet.
Wil - The biggest job Wil has right now it seems is to take care of Mom. He gets me sprite when I need it and is constantly checking on me to see if I feel ok. He lets me rest in the morning time when I am sick and entertains himself by painting and all kinds of things. I sometimes wake to find him on the floor in my room with paper all around him, scissors, crayons, pens, etc.. making all kinds of things. He also loves to play on my computer and is always making some kind of drawing or playing games on NickJr. He is still in Gymnastics and likes going to that.
Paul - SUPER BUSY. With all the state tournaments going on weekend after weekend Paul is very busy. Can't wait til he has a day off and he has promised to stay away from the computer and turn off his phone for a full day when it is all over. The kids and I will have to keep him to that promise.
Joella - Having good and bad days. It will be great having another baby in the house but I wish I didn't have to be so dang sick. I get so tired of losing my breakfast, lunch, and dinner that I want to scream. Lately I have been having good weekends so that is great. Been able to get some work done, house cleaned up, and even some outside work done. Mon, Tues, and Wed. are still kicking my butt totally though. That is enough complaining - I don't even like thinking about how I feel. (I will mention one more complaint - I hate getting hives on my face!!!!!) The weather has been better and the kids have really started enjoying the 5 acres we have now. They want to go out after school and we have to go find them if they can't hear us to come in for dinner. Can't wait til this spring and summer when we can really enjoy the outdoors.
Dad- My dad is doing so well. He even went into work for 3 hours today. He is walking a lot without his walker and looks really good. On Sunday he told us that if we put off fixing the fence my dumb horse ran through (plus some other fences that just need help) for 2-3 more weeks that he will be up to helping Paul. Paul is so busy it will probably be at least that long but the kids and I can't wait to get the horses over here. Couldn't believe my horse ran right through the fence and back to my dad's house. AWFUL!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022
June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th. It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...
-
June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th. It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...
-
It has been a very bad few days. My father passed out on Thursday from a very bad headache and after being taken to the emergency room we fo...
-
Wil and Greta were feeling so much better on Thurs. that I decided to celebrate. We were all tired of being couped up in the house so we he...
1 comment:
Wow! What an update!
Glad to see you back on the blog wagon. It has been one heck of a year for you already!
Post a Comment