Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Protecting Angels

Physical Protection - This past weekend Jaxon went to a cabin retreat with his singles ward.  His Grandpa Jack is in the bishopric and went also.  Jaxon had fun riding horses with everyone and running around on our 4Wheeler.  Friday night he was sitting on the porch with his friend Ian and Mike Madison and Grandpa had decided to go on a night ride.  Jaxon and Ian decided to go with them.  Ian rode with Grandpa and Jaxon drove the 4wheeler.  Jaxon was at the end of the group but at one point Grandpa waved him up and wanted to ask him if he was good with heading back because riding in the dark was making Grandpa very nervous, especially for Jaxon who was on a 4wheeler not a side by side.  Jaxon thought Grandpa was just waving him on and drove ahead of Grandpa without stopping.   While riding Jaxon had a deer run out into the road, Jaxon grabbed the front brakes which caused the 4wheeler to slide around and Jaxon lost control.  The 4wheeler went off the road and flipped (not sure how many times it flipped) and landed among some trees impelled by a piece of a tree.  Jaxon was pulled from the 4wheeler and though he hit a tree and the ground very hard he was thrown to the safest place in that area.  He was able to crawl to the road where Grandpa and Ian found him on his knees.  Jaxon knows he was pulled off that 4wheeler and saved.  Grandpa, Ian and Mike could feel how strong the spirit was when they arrived to the scene of the accident.  It was no accident that Jaxon survived the crash.  Jaxon felt the protection he was receiving that night.  It was a miracle he survived.  If he had not been pulled from the 4wheeler it would have been unlikely that he would have survived the accident.  When Jaxon called me at midnight I could feel the spirit very strongly and was expecting him to tell me about a spiritual experience.  I was surprised to be told about the accident instead and I worried about him all night.  He was in a lot of pain.  On Sunday though Jaxon told me he knew he had been pulled from the 4wheeler and that the reason he was so emotional when he called was because of the spirit.

On Saturday I took Jaxon to the ER and they admitted him quickly as a trauma patient.  The ER doctor did a cat scan to count how many ribs he had fractured.  But miraculously Jaxon didn't fracture anything and had no internal bleeding.  He only had muscle/soft tissue damage and rib and bone contusions.  No serious injuries.  The xray technician said his gun on his hip probably protected his hip from being fractured, chipped or shattered.  His good physical shape and muscles protected his ribs, collar bone etc. from fractures.  Had he not been so strong and protected he would not have walked away without serious injury.

We should never forget that we are always being watched over and protected.  And we always need to listen to the spirit.  Grandpa felt several times that it was a bad idea to be out riding and is having a hard time with how hurt Jaxon is and with what happened.  He will heal from these injuries with no repercussions.  I am so grateful that it was Heavenly Father's will that he would craw away with minimal injuries.  It was also a miracle that he will not soon forget.  I know my kids struggle with prayers being answered, that they can't see the answers they have received.  Jaxon's protection was a direct answer to out prayers as parents for protection every time they leave.  I had just talked to someone about that.  I gave him a few extra hugs when he left that Friday.

It also made me think about all the names Jaxon has taken through the temple.  All the people he has saved through doing their temple work.  I am certain some of them saved him.  He is surrounded by family on this side and on the other side of the veil.  He is a very special son of our Heavenly Father's.  I am so lucky to be his mom.  I am so lucky for all the special children I have, all 5 of them.








Goals I Need to accomplish:  Get to the temple to do more baptisms.  Need to do more family history work and get my adult family history done. My temple work slowed down while taking care of Ruth.  It is time to get my family and myself back to the temple.


No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...