Monday, December 5, 2011

Answered Prayers

Ava has complained about her knees and ankles hurting at nap times and bed time. It is a sudden thing, she will be going to sleep and start crying all of a sudden and say her knee or ankles hurt. We called the doc. on Wed. before Thanksgiving and they had us bring her in the Mon. after Thanksgiving. They did X-Rays and blood work. (No I did not accidentally knock her out with a choke hold like Greta - when Greta tried to bite the nurse taking her blood) Ava hated it but made it through it. The radiologist saw an anomaly on Ava's right knee so we had to do more X rays on Thurs. Dec. 1st. On Wed. we had our neighbor Bro. Madson come and help Paul give her a blessing for comfort that the X-ray wouldn't scare her so bad and that she would be ok. Ava did great, she was scared but held my hand and Daddys and was very brave. The X-Ray came back normal!! We were so happy that our prayers had been answered and our baby was ok. ( I forgot to mention that when I told Grandma Ruthie about Ava's appointment she had me promise on the phone that we would make sure Ava had a blessing before the X-rays. Thank You Grandma!)

Nov. and Dec. have been very hard months for us financially. We have wondered how we were going to pay our bills for Dec., pay contract workers and the federal gov. for withholding taxes. I have not known what to do because Paul works as hard as he can and I do my job with the bookeeping and invoicing and try to keep the home running smoothly. I turned to Heavenly Father and prayed that he would help us, that we were doing everything we could do to work hard and teach our children what they should be taught. I asked for his help in finding someone that would accept the proposals that had been sent out and that all would be taken care of. I felt a peace that if we did all we could that we would be fine. Tonight Paul found out that Farm Bureau accepted the proposal that we sent, it was for more money than the previous year, and said that we could just send an invoice every year for the next three years. That we were locked in for three years. I was so overcome with gratitude. We talked with the children tonight about what we had been worried about and how our prayers had been answered. Madison said "See Mom, I said if we kept paying our tithing that everything would be ok." We also had tithing settlement recently that all the children attended with us and they were very proud that we were full tithe payers and that they knew we had been blessed because of it.

Greta brought up the question "Would we have received the sponsor even if we hadn't paid our tithing?" We told her there was no way to know but do we really want to take that chance. Paul gave her the example of Ava's blessing, did we really want to chance having her x-ray and going back to the doctor without asking for Heavenly Fathers help? Last night I was praying and went to ask for help and guidance again where our finaces where concerned and felt that I coudn't even ask, that I was blocked from asking. It was such an odd feeling but I knew I had already received my answer and I think that was why I couldn't ask again. I knew that if we did what we could, to the best of our ability our Heavenly Father would take care of the rest. I am so thankful for my hardworking husband and my faithful children!

No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...