Sunday, May 25, 2008

Alex 5-20-08



Alexander McCoy Ingram was born on Tues. the 20th of May 2008. Matt texted me around 4:30pm that Vikki was being admitted to the hospital. I had spent my day with Jaxon and his friend having chickenpox, Wil and his friend Parker playing up a storm, and had just found out Greta's arm was broken. It hadn't been a bad day but that text was the best news of the day, month, maybe year!! I left Paul with the kids and hurried to the hospital. My poor kids got one chance to hug me goodbye and then I showered and changed in the hope of not taking any stray germs with me.

Dad and Linda arrived at the hospital shortly after me and we all hung out and waited for Alex to make his debut. I went to leave the room once with Dad and Linda but Vikki told me on my way out that I could stay, I happily stuck around. The doctor asked me once if I was Vikki's sister and I said "sure" at the same time that Vikki said "sister-in-law" and Matt then replied jokingly "She will say anything if it means she can stay". I would claim Vikki any day as a sister! I do have to say that I really loved Vikki's doctor. He actually asked who was the oldest Matt or me. Matt was slightly flabbergasted for a moment. I replied that he was the oldest but he cleared that up quickly. Then the sweet doctor said that we must be close in age, Matt's jaw dropped once again and I liked the doctor even more. =)

I was there when Alex was born at 8:42pm and it was such an awesome experience. (I was also present when Reece was born) Alex was sweet from the minute he was born. He was content to be with his mom and dad immediately. I cannot put into words the emotion I felt to see the three of them together and to be involved. Alex was beautiful and so was Vikki, she looked way too good to have just had a baby. Vikki had done such a great job of taking care of Alex and herself so that they could make it to 36.5 weeks. Though Alex was considered a preemie he weighed 7lb 1.4 oz and was 20.5 inches. (almost the exact same measurements as Reece was at birth) When they moved to the room they were going to be staying in and I felt that I had been as helpful as I could be and would now just be in the way for visitors I headed home.

The kids were and are very sad that they cannot see Alex or Reece yet. We are waiting til Greta and Wil have the chicken pox and everyone is in the clear. I did get to go spend time with Vikki, Matt, Reece, and Alex today. I was there for three hours and it felt like 30 min. I was able to hold the adorable Alex, play with Reece and feed them dinner. I was bummed that I had to leave so quickly, time flies. I really enjoy talking with Matt and Vikki. Reece and I have a blast playing and I hate it that when he asked me to "go Joella's house" and "Joella's car" that I had to say not today. Can't wait til the chickenpox is over and life is back to normal. At least it is usually a once in a lifetime thing.

I do almost all my shopping in Nampa where Josh's family and Matt's family live so I plan to get to see them a lot in the future now that both Kerry and Vikki are home with their boys. Not that I wouldn't go without the shopping but it gives me one more excuse. More pics of Alex at the hospital - Click Here

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

Alex is so cute! I can't wait to meet him.

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...