We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Race For The Cure
A good friend of mine Crista ran the 5K Komen Race For The Cure yesterday with me. (5-10-08) It was a really fun experience and I am so glad that she was there with me. We arrived early and visited most of the booths that were setup. I was surprised to find out how emotional I felt all day. Glad to say I never burst into tears but there were a few close moments. The participants that were survivors wore pink shirts. Every time I saw a pink shirt I got choked up. I can't explain how it felt to see them all there and to have a knowledge of what they had conquered and experienced. It was amazing to be involved in such a great event. There were so many pink papers that told "In Memory Of" or "In Celebration Of" and a few that had pinned pictures to their backs or race numbers. Even though I felt drained emotionally after the event it was great to be involved, I plan to go every year from now on. We plan to arrive early again next year but with family in tow so they can experience the whole event. Here are a few pictures that I took with my phone.
I am a lurker. I read your blog all the time. I was so touched by this post. What an awesome thing you did in memory of your mom. I am sure she was there the whole way with you.
3 comments:
You are an AWESOME woman! Thanks for sharing your feelings and your experience. Your strength is an inspiration.
I am so glad you had a friend with you. I don't run, but if I were there I would have made an exception for you.
Next year I will come with you. Plan on it! That is an awesome thing to do. I am very proud of you!
I am a lurker. I read your blog all the time. I was so touched by this post. What an awesome thing you did in memory of your mom. I am sure she was there the whole way with you.
P.S. I am Linda's friend, Jennifer
Post a Comment