Friday, May 2, 2008

8 Things about Greta



1. Greta is a girlie girl. Do you see the purple pajamas and pink book? That is Greta. For read night at their school we needed to take these pics of the kids reading. Greta said that her favorite thing about this book is that it had sparkles on the front. Greta's favorite color is pink and she loves girl things. Fingernail polish and makeup especially. She can't wait to wear makeup.

2. Greta is a tomboy (for lack of a better word and I know this is contradictory to #1 but that is Greta...a walking, talking contradiction). She loves to follow Jaxon around catching bugs or reptiles. She is the girl in the family that will hold his salamander and snake. She is tough too. The other night she thought it would be fun to punch her daddy in the arm. When he made a sound like it hurt she started laughing and said something like "You going to let a girl beat you up." She then repeatedly punched him in the arm. He did look like it hurt but he couldn't stop smiling because of her laughing and taunting him. Greta is also my most aggressive at the moment. (Wil might surpass her one of these days). If there is any wrestling or fighting going on she is usually at the center or in the mix of it.

3. Greta is into fashion. Greta loves to wear anything she thinks is "cute". I stopped picking out her clothes to wear when she started dressing herself. She has a very strong resolve when it comes to what she thinks looks good and what she won't wear. I do not buy her clothes unless she is with me or I am absolutely sure she will like it. She LOVES skirts. For the longest time she wouldn't even wear shorts. It was skirts or jeans. She does wear shorts now but they usually have to be jean shorts that I have cut, stitched and then frayed the bottom. So it is either a skirt, cute shirt, and fancy sandals or cut off jean shorts with frayed bottoms. Once for Halloween we were so late getting to trick or treat because I couldn't convince her that black jeans went better with her witch costume than the blue jeans she was adamant about wearing. She ended up wearing the black jeans but they were off of her as soon as she was back in the house.

4. Greta has great self-esteem. We have really had to insist that she say "Thank You" when she gets a compliment instead of "I know". She always catches me so off guard with her confidence. I can't remember what we were talking about or who recently but when I said that it was cute or they were cute she wanted me to lean down so she could whisper "Yes, mom but not as cute as me." Thank goodness we were alone. Though she is so confident and maybe it is because she is, she dishes out compliments to her family and friends easily. Always letting us know when we look especially nice. It always makes me smile when I tell her something and she says "Yes, I know mom, it is because I am so pretty." I don't want to make her sound like she flaunts her confidence because she doesn't but it is part of her.

5. Greta is athletic. Greta took to playing soccer this year and loved it. She was not passive at all. Her aggressiveness came out in full force. After her first game she realized she could get right in there after the ball and she loves to be on defense and try to keep the other team from getting the ball when it was kicked in or thrown in by the other team. She had a great team to play on and good coaches. It was a lot fun to watch her and she reminds me of how aggressive I always was in sports.

6. Greta loves to learn. Greta studied so hard this year to learn everything she needed to while in Kindergarten. She is a very young Kindergartner and didn't go to preschool so it wasn't easy at first but she never complained and wanted to do homework every time her brother and sister did. It didn't all click for awhile but about half way through the school year it all started clicking and she was so happy.

7. Greta loves friends. Greta loves to make and play with friends. Whether it is a boy or girl she loves to have fun with her friends.

8. Greta is very affectionate. She is a ready made hug or kiss. She LOVES to give kisses. A kissing fanatic. Worries me alot =) Greta even had a "boyfriend" this year but she told him that she was not ready for a "boyfriend". She also said she was tired of how he was always following her around but that after she had her daddy write him a letter that she wasn't ready for a boyfriend (she signed it like she had written it) he stopped following her.

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

Yep! That pretty much sums up Greta! She is so sweet and lovey! I love that! She always snuggles with me and it is so great! You are right! I would NEVER buy her clothes! Just a gift card for her to do it herself.

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...