Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jaxon Chickenpox 5-21-08

Jaxon first showed signs of the chickenpox on Sunday the 18th. I didn't realize that he had chicken pox until Tuesday morning when he woke up to go to school and Paul found he was covered with spots. Neither Jaxon, Greta, or Wil had the chicken pox vaccine or had contracted it from friends yet. I wasn't comfortable with giving them the vaccine for various reasons and decided to just let them get the chickenpox and be done with it. For about 3 months I had been receiving notes from school saying that the chickenpox had visited Greta and Jaxon's classrooms various times. I was starting to think they were not going to get it this school year.

Jaxon
was happy to find out that one of his friends had woke up the same morning with the chicken pox and that they would be able to play together. I was starting to think the chickenpox was going to be a breeze with Jaxon until Tues. night when he woke up itching very badly. He continued to be very uncomfortable until Thurs. morning. Wed. he took oatmeal baths every three hours, was smothered in calamine lotion, and took Bendaryl to help the itching. I felt awful for him but after 24 hours of hating the chicken pox he started scabbing over and is healing in record time. He was only out of school from Tues-Fri. and was able to go to church on Sun. and will be back to school on Tues. after the holiday. Jaxon was amazing. He tried really hard to not scratch, only rubbed, and hardly ever complained. I am glad it is over for him, but not looking forward to Greta and Wil getting it in the next week.

2 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

Poor guy! He looks miserable. I remember getting that. Mine wasn't get too bad. But when I gave it to Paul, OUCH! He got it really good.

Linda Gibbs said...

The poor kid! I remember the misery. I felt amazingly better about the time Paul came down with them. BAD!!

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...