Sunday, February 26, 2012

Things worth mentioning 2/26/12

This was the weekend for birthday parties. Greta and Wil went to Kya's birthday. Madison went to Hayleys party at a hotel swimming. Ava had her very first birthday party! She was invited to her nursery friend Emma's birthday party and had sooo much fun! We went shopping at Walgreens and she picked out a baby and juicy fruit, her two favorite things, to give to her friend. She then walked around the house waiting for 4pm to come carrying her birthday bag around. She told everyone that she was going to Emma's Birthday Party. I had her take a nap at 2pm and sadly she woke up very shy and unsure. Was quite awake for a party. She warmed up quickly though and had so much fun. They played a music game, found eggs, fished for prizes, and had a farm cake! Ava felt so big!!

On Fri. Madison told me that I should be very proud of Jaxon. We had a big talk in the hot tub about being Christians and belonging to the LDS church. I expressed to them that I wanted them to always say that they are Christians when they are asked. Then they can say we go to the LDS Church or even the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If they need to point out the Jesus Christ is in the name of our church then they can. (This is a big deal at school - Are you Mormon or Christian?) Anyhow Madison heard Jaxon's friend Hunter ask him what religion he was. Jaxon said that he goes to the LDS church and then asked Hunter what religion he was. Hunter said he was Christian. Jaxon then told Hunter that he was Christian too, that a lot of religions are. Hunter told Jaxon that they weren't that different then and Jaxon said no we both are Christians. What a good boy.

We have almost all of our seeds in the greenhouse planted so that we can start watching them sprout. Greta and her friend Kenzie helped me plant a lot of the vegetables and flowers. It was fun to have their help. Wil planted all the watermelon, cantaloupe, and pumpkins.

Thurs. night when Greta had a friend spending the night Madison slept with me. I love it when she talks to me until we are both so tired we can't talk anymore. I love listening to her. (All of my kids do this from time to time and I love it)

Fri. we had dentist appointments. Greta had no cavities WooHoo!!! Wil had one and was terrified of the laughing gas. He actually vaulted off the chair when they told him he was getting laughing gas. I talked to him for quite awhile though and he bravely got back in the chair and let them give him laughing gas. He ended up loving it and said all kinds of funny things. He was definitely happy. I wish I could remember the exact wording that he kept using that made the nurse and I laugh every time. It was something like "Oh Man" but he used some big word. If I hear him say it again I will write it down.

Tonight I found the Merlin Season 4 on the computer and we hooked it up to the tv. We had a good time watching the episodes. We still have more to watch. I made snacks - cheese, crackers, summer sausage, and fruit. We all downed it! Reminded me of when my parents made us snacks growing up. It was the exact same stuff!! Good memories - new and old.

No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...