Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Greta

I am so tired tonight & I want to write down some memories but all I can think about is that I didn't get to spend enough time with Greta.  Greta was home with Fifths Disease today. Ava, Greta & I have all had it this week & last week.  We went to the doctor yesterday and then got yummy subway sandwiches per Greta's request.  Last night we had a very fun family night.

Today was a different story. Greta was home sick but I didn't get to spend time with her during the day. I went to the gym while she slept, then took Madison & Jaxon to the orthodontist.  That took a long time. When I got home Ava and I ate, then hurried downstairs to work on compiling information for two companies tax returns. I got them done & sent to the accountant. Greta came down during this time & begged for Mac & Cheese. I said "No, your dad made you a burrito.  You can have cereal if you are still hungry. I will make Mac & Cheese later". Great sympathetic mom there. Ugh.

Then there was taking Hayley for her manicure for her birthday. Success!  Scouts after that. I finally arrived home & was almost done.  We fixed Mac & Cheese for Greta & the rest of us had burritos. I enjoyed 30min of conversation with my great family. (Madison was gone helping teach clogging classes). Then I went to a scout planning meeting. Now that it is past bedtime and everyone is asleep I wish I had been able to stop time and sit with Greta while she was home sick. I am sorry Greta & I love you so much!!  I had to do all that stuff today but I really just wanted to be with you!  I enjoyed talking with you at dinner, helping with your homework, and braiding your hair. Thanks for entertaining Ava while I was at my meeting.

So I have thought of a few memories that I can't pass up

Wil - working on contractions & the knowledge bowl. How did you ever get so smart?  I didn't know answers to some that you did.

Jaxon - I love your reptile parties idea!  Ill see what we can do. Great logo!

Madison - good job helping Becky. Maybe we can finally get you doing feathers at parties.

Ava - I was so sad seeing you plastered to the window crying for me when I left for my meeting. I loved how you wrapped yourself around my leg and sat on my foot like a little monkey as I walked around putting things up when I got home.  I also loved how you sat on my lap, wrapping yourself around me as you watched Dora over my shoulder, leaving my arms & hands free to work on the computer. I love my snuggle bug.

Paul - I don't want you telling me I didn't write about you. I loved your kiss goodnight!

No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...