Sunday, July 6, 2014

7-16-14

We went to Dad and Linda's today for dinner and games.  Josh & Fam, Matt & Fam, Sara, Abi, At. Joleta, U. Duane, Stan and Louise were there.  We had a very yummy dinner and we setup tables to play cards.  The kids and adults had fun.  We played a game called President.  I taught in RS today. 

The lesson was from the scripture... Man is that he might have joy. (See 2 Ne. 2:25.)  All the RS sisters taught the lesson for me.  I asked a few questions and they pointed out everything that I had written down.  We need to have Gratitude, remember to live in the moment, don't think that attaining certain things or positions will give us happiness, the Plan of Salvation is also called the Plan of Happiness.  Our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy.  He wants us to have joy.  We also discussed that everyone will be tested and have disappointments, heartache in this life but with the Gospel we can have joy in our lives. 

I love my family and am so grateful for all the happy moments we have together and for the joy that I feel from them and with them.  This summer has been more difficult because my kids keep annoying each other.  I think it is their age and that they are close to each other and therefore get into each others faces.  We are working on it and hopefully before the end of the summer they can all show more control and love to each other.

No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...