Tuesday, July 29, 2014

7-30-2014

Madison had a great time at BYS.  She had a counselor that just got home from her mission named Kara.  Madison loved her and Lucy.  Kara went to college after she graduated, fell in love and was engaged to get married.  She had an older brother come visit her and told her that he didn't feel right about it all so he asked her to pray about it.  She agreed, prayed about it and got the answer that she was not to marry him.  Kara was heartbroken, she had never loved someone so much.  She went home and felt like she was doing nothing with her life.   One morning after she had went to a kick boxing class her parents started banging on her bathroom door while she was in the shower, her mother was holding their ipad to show her the announcement by Pres. Monson that the missionary age had been changed to 19 for girls.  Kara knew right away that was what she needed to do.  Madison has never considered going on a mission but all of the talks and Kara's experiences have changed her mind.  She is very open to considering it when she graduates.  She is excited about the prospect and scared.  I love the part of the story when Kara listened to the answer she received to her prayers even though it wasn't what she wanted to hear.  There was a cute male counselor that seemed to have a crush on Kara and all the girls thought they were perfect for each other.

Greta is doing awesome on Max.  I can't wait to watch her at fair.  She will be amazing.  It doesn't ever show how scared she used to be.  She trusts Max and has a great time.  Max is the horse she needed and has taught her to trust him.  It is great to watch and reminds me of what Babe did for me.

Ava and I made her invitations for her birthday party today.  She was SUPER excited to go hand them out!  She was such a big girl and would run up to the doors on her own and hand her invite to her friends.  I was so  happy for her and her face was priceless.  I was supposed to go with Peggy and take a baby blanket to a sister that just had a baby.  I told Peggy I had to take Ava first and I am so glad I did, it meant so much to Ava to hand out her invitations.  She loved it!!!!  There were a few times that she asked me to go up because she was nervous.  There was also one friend Lizzie Talbot that she was nervous to invite because she thought Lizzie might not like it because Ava is 5 and Lizzie is Greta's friend.  It was so sweet!! 

Tomorrow we are going to go swimming at Quinns Pond again.  It should be fun.  The kids love jumping off the docks and playing.  Amber is bringing her kids and Ginger is bringing Andrew.  Should be a blast!  My body is so worn out from riding and swimming but it is fun!


No comments:

Meridian Lions Rodeo 2022

  June 29th 2022 - Ava had her rodeo this past weekend, the 24th and 25th.   It started on the 23rd with Slack, Ava and Chica pushed so many...